新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   XML论坛     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 计算机英语求助,计算机英语翻译互助
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区休息区『 计算机英语 』 → 求职 900 句[分享] 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 62743 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: 求职 900 句[分享] 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:7
      等级:博士一年级
      文章:4607
      积分:24021
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2004/8/30

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客21
    发贴心情 

Lesson 44  About the Job of Head of Claim Department 关于索赔部门主管职务

809.Did you work in a similar position before?你以前做过同样的工作吗?

810. Yes.I have been with ABC Insurance Company for four years,and before that,I worked with the Pacific surveyor company as claim officer.
    我在 ABC 保险公司干了四年,此前在太平洋验货公司做负责索赔的工作。

811.Could you tell me the usual procedures to handle such case? 你能告诉我处理这类案件的一般程序吗?

812.Yes,on the shipper's side,when the cargos arrived, all relevant documents will be forwarded to  the  consignee.Among other things,this party has to check carefully con-tent of the packing list and weight list.When cargos is found to be damaged of shortlanded, this party has to call for a joint survey by  representatives of the shipping company and the insurance agent.Based on the survey report,they will lodge a claim for compensation.好的,在发货 人方面, 当货物到达时,所有的文件必须送交给买货人。其中,当事人必须仔细查阅装箱单及重量 单之内容,一旦发现货物损坏或缺少,当事人必须召集船务公司及保险公司双方之代表共 同查验,根据查验报告,即可提出赔偿要求。

813.If you act as our representative what would you do to safeguard our interest? 假设你身为我方代表,你将怎样做以维护我方利益?

814.I think,first of all,I will ask the consignee to produce survey report on loading,if they can't produce that I suggest them to refer the case to their shipper. Meanwhile,bad weather could be a good excuse to refuse the responsibility. 我想,首先会要求取货人出示装运时的查验报告,假如他们不能出示,我建议他们去与寄 货人交涉。此外,不良气候也是可以推卸责任的最佳理由。

815.  Are you able to operate the telex? 你能操作电传机吗?

816.Yes,I used to dispatch telex to shipper and the consignee to inform them change of our schedule and other information. 是的,我经常向寄货人和取货人发出电传,通知他们船期的更改及其他消息。

817.  Now tell me if you have a good command of both written and spoken English. 请告诉我你的英语口语和书面语是否都很好。

818. When I was at college,I passed Band Six of College English Test.All the foreign business men I've dealt with say my English is quite good. 我上大学时就通过了大学英语六级考试,所有和我打过交道的外商都说我英语很好。

819.  If you are selected in this position,you must prepare to travel overseas frequently. 假如你被录取,你必须准备经常出国旅行。

820.No problem,I love it.Thank you for granting me the interview.
    没问题,我喜欢出差旅行。谢谢您给我这次面试机会。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=  Applicant 申请人)

A:Good afternoon,Sir.

I:Good afternoon.Sit down,please.

A:Thank you.

I:You are Mr. Dongfang Cheng?  I am Henry Hudson.

A:Yes.Nice to meet you,Mr. Hudson.

I:To start with,  tell me about your education,please.

A:All right.I graduated from Shanghai College of Foreign Trade six years ago.I majored in international trade.

I:Very well.Did you work in a similar position before?

A:  Yes.I have been with ABC Insurance Company for four years.

I:Could you tell me the usual procedures to handle such case?

A:Yes,on the shipper's side,when the cargos arrived,all relevant documents will be forwarded to the consignee.Among other things,this party had to check carefully content of the packing list and the weight list.When cargos is found to be damaged or shortlanded,this party has to call for a joint sur-vey by representatives of the shipping company and the insurance agent.Based on the survey report,they will lodge a claim for compensation.

I:Very good.Now if you act as our representative what would you do to safeguard our interest?

A:I think,first of all,  I will ask the consignee to produce survey report on loading,if they can't produce that I suggest them to refer the case to their shipper.Meanwhile,bad weather could be a good excuse to refuse the responsibility.

I:Are you able to operate the telex?

A:Yes,I used to dispatch telex to shipper and their consignee to inform them change of our schedule and other information.

I:Have you travelled a lot in your work?

A:Yes.I have travelled dozens of times abroad.I have been to countries as Thailand,  Singapore,
    Japan,Indonesia,Burma,the Netherlands,Denmark,Italy,Germany and England.

I:Now tell me if you have a good command of both written and spoken English.

A:When I was at college,I passed Band six of College English Test.All the foreign business men I
    have dealt with say my English is quite good.

I:May I ask why you want to change jobs?

A:Because I wish to get a more challenging opportunity at your company.

I:Why are you interested in this company?

A:A friend of mine works here,and he told me about your company, so I became interested.I think working in this company would provide me with a good opportunity to use my knowledge.

I:What do you know about this company?

A:This company is one of the biggest shipping companies in the world.There are a lot of branches in
    all parts of the world,with the head office in the USA,Shanghai Office was established four years ago.

I:Good.By the way,would you describe yourself as extroverted or more introverted?

A:I think I am quite outgoing.I like cooperation with others,and getting the job done by working together.

I:Do you have any hobby?

A:Yes,I like sports and music.

I:So far,so good.I think you'd like to know about the remuneration.The starting salary for the head
    of Claim Department in this company is RMB 5,000 yuan per month,  and raises are given after
    six months according to your ability.We provide fringe benefits such as annual bonus,  three-
    week paid vacation a year,and health insurance.Are these satisfactory?

A:Yes,these are quite satisfactory.

I:Do you have any questions about the job?

A:I was told that some of your Chinese employees are sent to the United States to attend the training program provided by the head office.I'd like to know how you choose employees to at-tend the program.

I:Almost all Chinese employees are eligible to attend the training course,but as the number of trainees at one time is limited,we select them on their merits.

A:One more question,are there any chances for Chinese employees to be transferred to the head office or other branch offices around the world?

I:Certainly.There would be good chances for you to work over-seas,I think,if you are really a capable man.How about the job?Are you really interested?

A:Sure.I'll do my utmost if I am employed by this company.

I:It has been pleasant talking with you,Mr. Cheng.We'll notify you of our final decision within one week.

A:Thank you,  Mr. Hudson,  for your interview with me.I hope to see you again.

I:Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.You are Mr. Dongfang Cheng?
    你是程东方先生吗? 这句是陈述句语序的疑问句,读时句末语调上升。

2.I have been to countries as Thailand,Singapore, Japan,Indonesia, Burma, the Netherlands, Denmark,  Italy,  Germany and England. 我去过国家有泰国、新加坡、日本、印度尼西亚、缅甸、荷兰、丹麦、意大利、德国和英国。
    3.This company is one of the biggest shipping companies in the world There are a lot of branches in all parts of the world,with the head office in the USA. 贵公司是世界上最大的船务公司之一,总部在美国,分支机构遍布世界各地。

4.So far,so good. 到目前为止,一切都很顺利。

5.We provide fringe benefits such as annual bonus,three-week paid vacation a year,and health insurance.
    我们还提供附加福利,如年度奖金、每年三周的带薪假日,以及健康保险。

6.Almost all Chinese employees are eligible to attend the training course,but as the number of trainees at one time is limited,we select them on their merits. 几乎所有中国雇员都有资格参加培训课程,但由于一次参加培训的人数有限,我们只好依照 他们的业绩来挑选。

7.One more question,… 还有一个问题……

Words and Expressions

major in 主修……
    procedure n.程序,过程
    shipper n.寄货人,发货人
    consignee n.收货人,受托人
    the packing list  装箱单
    the weight list 重量单
    cargo n.货物
    insurance agent 保险代理人
    survey  v.n.检查,调查
    survey report 验货报告书
    telex n.电传挂号
    produce v.拿出,出示
    the head office 总部,总公司
    eligible a.合格的,合适的
    on their merits 根据他们的业绩
    transfer n.v.转移,调动

----------------------------------------------
    初从文,三年不中;后习武,校场发一矢,中鼓吏,逐之出;遂学医,有所成。自撰一良方,服之,卒~ 
    http://hjx221.blogger.org.cn/

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:13:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客22
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 45 About the Job of a Senior Production Planner 关于高级生产管理人员职务

821.Excuse me,  is this personnel division? 劳驾,请问这是人事部吗?

822.I came about your advertisement for a senior production planner. 我是来应聘你们广告的招聘高级生产管理人员的。

823.  Is there any still available now? 还有空缺职位吗?

824.Here is my resume. 这是我的简历。

825.What degree do you have now? 你获得了什么学位?

826.I have the degree of the Master of Applied Mathematics. 我获得了应用数学硕士学位。

827.Why are you interested in the position? 你为什么对这一职位感兴趣?
    828.Because I read your advertisement in the newspaper last week.It says that you need a senior production planner,who is fluent in English and good at mathematics.I think I'm fit for the position.
    因为我读了你们在上周报纸上的招聘广告,上面说要招一名高级生产企划人员,英语流利 并擅长数学。我认为我适合这一职位。

829.For the past six years,I've been dealing with foreigners in English so my ability to write and speak English is out of question, and what's more, I'm sure my major would be of great use for the position. 过去的六年中,我一直用英语与外国人打交道,所以我英语口语和书面语的应用能力是不 成问题的。此外,我肯定我的所学专业对这一工作一定会很有用处。

830.I'm quite happy in my present work,indeed.But it's known to all yours is a great company of high prestige.I hope I would have more responsibility and improve my position. 我目前的工作还是让我很开心的,真的。但人人都知道贵公司是声名远扬的大公司。我希 望能承担更多的责任,找到更好的工作。

831.Excuse me for interrupting,  but could you tell me what types of people you like to work with?
    请原谅我打断一下,能不能告诉我你喜欢与哪一类人一起工作?

832.To tell you the truth,I can cooperate with various people.People say I'm a good-natured person.But, of course,I especially enjoy working with people who are responsible,friendly and helpful. 说真话,我能和各种各样的人合作。人们说我是个性子很好的人,但是,当然,我特别喜 欢与有责任感、待人友好、乐于助人的人一起工作。

833.  What section would you like to work in if you enter this company? 你如果进入本公司,你希望在哪个部门工作?

834.I wish to work in the planning department. 我希望在计划部工作。

835.What type of work will you expect to do at first? 你希望起初干什么工作?

836.I want to design the corporate identity. 我想设计企业形象。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer 主试人  A=Applicant  申请人)

A:Excuse me,  is this personnel division?

I:Yeah.What can I do for you?

A:I came about your advertisement for a senior production planner.I there any still available?

I:Oh,  yes.  Won't you sit down?  What's your surname?

A:My surname is Liu.

I:What's your first name,Mr Liu?

A:It's Zhiliang.

I:I'm the director of personnel devision of the company,  Mr. Brown.

A:How do you do,Mr Brown? I:How do you do,  Mr Liu? A:  Here is my resume.
    I:Fine.You've been in the States about six years,  haven't you?

A:Yes,I came to study in Princeton University in 1989. I:Who was the advisor of your research programme? A:Professor Smith.
    I:What degree do you have now? A:Master of Applied Mathematics. I:Why are you interested in the position?
    A:Because  I  read  your  advertisement  in  the  newspaper  last  week.It  says  that  you  need  a  senior production planner,who is fluent in English and good at mathematics.  I think I'm fit for the position.For the past six years,  I've been dealing with foreigners in English,so my ability to write and speak English is out of question,  and what's more,  I'm sure my major would be of great use for the position.

I:I see.Are you satisfied with your present work in Tulane University?

A:I'm quite happy in my present work,  indeed.  But it's known to all yours is a great company of high prestige.I hope I would have more responsibility and improve my position…

I:Excuse me for interrupting,but could you tell me what types of people you like to work with?

A:To tell you the truth,I can cooperate with various people.People say I'm a good-natured person.But of course.  I especially enjoy working with people who are responsible,friendly and helpful.

I:That's good.Do you have any particular conditions that you would like our company to take into consideration?

A:  No,  nothing in particular.

I:All right.If we decided to hire you,we'd pay you two thousand and five hundred yuan a month at the start.You can have Saturdays and Sundays off.Becides,you may have a paid month holiday every year.How do you think about it?

A:As regards salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of capacity.

I:Well,we'll give you our decision in a couple of days.It's a pleasure to talk to you,Mr. Liu.

A:Thank you,  Mr Brown.I really appreciate your assistance.

Notes  注释
    1.I'm the director of personnel division of the company,  Mr. Brown. 我是本公司人事部主任布朗。

2.Who was the advisor of your research programme? 你的研究项目的导师是谁?

3.Are you satisfied with your present work in Tulane Universi-ty? 你对目前你在杜兰大学的工作满意吗?

4.…a great company of high prestige. 一家极具声誉的大公司。

5.No,nothing in particular. 不,没有什么特别的事情。

6.You can have Saturdays and Sundays off. 你星期六、星期天不上班。

7.As regards salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of capacity. 至于薪水,还是留给你对我的能力了解之后再做决定。

Words and Expressions

yeah ad.英语口语,相当于  
    yes surname n.姓
    the States 即  the United States,美国
    advisor n.导师
    out of question 不成问题,毫无疑问
    fluent a.流利的
    what's more 另外,而且
    of great use 具有很大用途
    a good-natured person 一个性格很好的人
    nature n.此处指性格
    take into consideration 把……考虑进去
    capacity n.能力

Lesson 46 About the Job of a Nurse

关于护士职务

837.I'm here for an interview as requested. 我是应约前来面试的。

838.Have you brought your credentials? 你带来有关证件了吗?

839.This is my certificate of nurse qualifications. 这是我的护士资格证书。

840.Now tell me something abut your professional education. 现在请你谈谈你所接受的专业教育的情况。

841.All right.That nurse school offered such professional course as nursing science,nursing psychology,  nursing ethics,internal medicine and its nursing,surgery and its nursing,pediatrics and it nursing, traditional Chinese medicine,acupuncture and moxibustion,etc. 好吧,那所护士学校开设了以下专业课程:护理学、护理心理学、护理伦理学、内科及其 护理、外科及其护理、儿科及其护理、中医、针灸等等。

842.We also studied some basic courses,such as maths,physics,chemistry,etc. 我们还学了其他的基础课程,如数学、物理、化学等。

843.Did you learn English at the nurse school? 你在护士学校学过英语吗?

844.Oh,  yes. 是的,学过。

845.And I went on studying English at Chuntian Evening School of Foreign Languages for two years after my graduation from the nurse school. 我从护士学校毕业后,又继续在春田外语学校学了两年外语。

846.  What section do you work in the hospital? 你在医院哪个科室工作。

847.I work in Internal Medicine Division. 我在内科工作。

848.What are you responsible for? 你负责什么工作?

849.I am responsible for clinical nursing of patients in Internal Medicine Division.My responsiblities include taking histories,keeping charts,giving injections,administering medication,testing temperature and blood-pressure,preparing patients for treatments,changing sheets and quilts,etc. 我在内科负责病人的临床护理。工作职责包括记载病历、保管给病人拍的片子、打针、给 病人服药、测量体温与血压,为病人做好治疗前准备、换被褥等等。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=Applicant  申请人)

A:Is this the office of Overseas Labor Department? I:Yes.Come in please.What can I do for you? A:I'm here for an interview as requested.
    I:You are Miss Yang? A:That's right. I:Please take a seat.
    A:Thank yon,  madam.

I:Have you brought your credentials?

A: Yes, here they are.This is my ID card. This is my diploma.And this is my certificate of nurse qualifications.

I:Let me have a look.Your ID card indicates you were born in 1976.

A:Yes.I'm twenty-three years old. I:But you look younger than your age. A:Thanks.
    I:Your birthplace is Xingning County of Guangdong.  Can you speak Hakka,then?

A:Of course.I was brought up there.

I:Good.Some Singaporean employers can speak Hakka,  too,because they are descendants of the
    Hakka.  When did you leave your home town?

A:At the age of fifteen when I was graduated from junior middle school and admitted into Nurse
    School of Zhongshan Medical University.

I:Now tell me something about your professional education.

A:All  right.That  nurse  school  offered  such  professional  courses  as  nursing  science,  nursing psychology,  nursing  ethics,internal  medicine  and  its  nursing,  surgery  and  its  nursing, pediatrics and its nursing, traditional Chinese medicine,acupuncture and moxibustion,etc. We also studied some basic courses,  such as maths,physics,chemistry,  etc.

I:Did you learn English at the nurse school?

A:Yes.I went on to study English at Chuntian Evening School of Foreign Languages for two years after my graduation from the nurse school.

I: Your resume says you worked at Zhujiang Hospital for one year.What were you responsible for?

A:I was responsible for clinical nursing of patients in Internal Medicine Division.My responsibilities included taking histories, keeping charts,giving injections, administering medication,testing temperature and blood-pressure,preparing patients for treatments,  changing sheets and quilts, etc.

I:Your present work unit is South Hospital.What section do you work in?

A:I work in Overseas Section.

I : Wonderful . It  is  reported  in  the  newspapers  that  your  section  has  got  the  honorable  title of“Advanced Section” conferred by the Military Commission of  the  Central Committee of  the CPC.I think everybody in your section must be great in technical skills and service attitudes.

A:Thank you for your compliment.  We are far from perfect.

I:What does your work entail there?

A:I perform rehabilitation nursing.My work involves taking actions according to doctors,helping patients restore their organic functions,training patients in speech and organism,carrying out massage and physiotherapy.I'm also responsible for patients’nutrition and diet,and satisfying their personal needs.

I:Have you received any honorable title personally?

A:Yes,I was thrice singled out as an “Advanced Worker”.

I:Your resume said you are unmarried.But I wonder if you have a fiance.

A:Oh,no.I'm still young.

I:Do you have any personal interests?

A:Yes,gardening and cooking are my two great interests.I enjoy playing the piano and telling stories as well.

I:Well, considering your qualifications, we believe you would be a suitable candidate. But as you know, we have dozens of applicants to be interviewed. We can not reach a final decision until
    we talked to all applicants being asked to come here.

A:When can I know whether I am accepted or not?

I:I think we'll send you a letter by early next week,if you are wanted.Or we may give you a call.By the way,  have you got a telephone?

A:Yes,My office phone number is 6656327.

I:What's the best time to call you,  then?

A:Between four and five in the afternoon,  I'm afraid.

I:Thank you for coming,Miss Yang.

A:The pleasure is mine.It's been nice talking with you,madam.  Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.Is this the office of Overseas Labor Department? 这里是海外劳务办公室吗?

2.But you look younger than your age. 但你看上去比你的实际年龄要年轻。

3.…and admitted into Nurse School of Zhongshan Medical U-niversity. 被录取到中山医科大学护士学校。

4.I work in Overseas Section. 我在海外科工作。

5.We are far from perfect. 我们做得还很不够。

6.What does your work entail there? 你在那里承担什么工作?

7.I perform rehabilitation nursing. My work involves taking actions according to doctors, helping patients restore their organic functions… 我做康复护理工作。包括执行医嘱,帮助病人恢复肌体功能……

8.…  and satisfying their personal needs.
    ……以及满足病人的个人要求。

Words and Expressions

credentials n.凭证
    ID card: 即  Identity Card 的缩写,身份证
    Hakka n.客家人 (古代移住闽、粤等地的中原人的后代);客家话
    Singaporean n.新加坡人,a.新加坡的
    Pediatrics n.儿科学,小儿科
    traditional Chinese medicine 中医
    acupuncture n.针灸
    moxibustion n.艾灸
    giving injections   打针
    injection n.注射
    medication n.药物,药剂
    Advanced Section 先进科室
    confer v.授予
    entail v.使承担
    perform  v.完成,执行
    rehabilitation n.恢复,复原
    restore v.恢复
    organic a.器官的,有机的
    organism n.生物体,有机体
    massage  n.v.按摩、推拿
    physiotherapy n.理疗
    thrice ad.三次
    single out 挑选出
    fiance n.未婚夫
    suitable a.合适的,适当的

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:14:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客23
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 44  About the Job of Head of Claim Department 关于索赔部门主管职务

809.Did you work in a similar position before?你以前做过同样的工作吗?

810. Yes.I have been with ABC Insurance Company for four years,and before that,I worked with the Pacific surveyor company as claim officer.
    我在 ABC 保险公司干了四年,此前在太平洋验货公司做负责索赔的工作。

811.Could you tell me the usual procedures to handle such case? 你能告诉我处理这类案件的一般程序吗?

812.Yes,on the shipper's side,when the cargos arrived, all relevant documents will be forwarded to  the  consignee.Among other things,this party has to check carefully con-tent of the packing list and weight list.When cargos is found to be damaged of shortlanded, this party has to call for a joint survey by  representatives of the shipping company and the insurance agent.Based on the survey report,they will lodge a claim for compensation.好的,在发货 人方面, 当货物到达时,所有的文件必须送交给买货人。其中,当事人必须仔细查阅装箱单及重量 单之内容,一旦发现货物损坏或缺少,当事人必须召集船务公司及保险公司双方之代表共 同查验,根据查验报告,即可提出赔偿要求。

813.If you act as our representative what would you do to safeguard our interest? 假设你身为我方代表,你将怎样做以维护我方利益?

814.I think,first of all,I will ask the consignee to produce survey report on loading,if they can't produce that I suggest them to refer the case to their shipper. Meanwhile,bad weather could be a good excuse to refuse the responsibility. 我想,首先会要求取货人出示装运时的查验报告,假如他们不能出示,我建议他们去与寄 货人交涉。此外,不良气候也是可以推卸责任的最佳理由。

815.  Are you able to operate the telex? 你能操作电传机吗?

816.Yes,I used to dispatch telex to shipper and the consignee to inform them change of our schedule and other information. 是的,我经常向寄货人和取货人发出电传,通知他们船期的更改及其他消息。

817.  Now tell me if you have a good command of both written and spoken English. 请告诉我你的英语口语和书面语是否都很好。

818. When I was at college,I passed Band Six of College English Test.All the foreign business men I've dealt with say my English is quite good. 我上大学时就通过了大学英语六级考试,所有和我打过交道的外商都说我英语很好。

819.  If you are selected in this position,you must prepare to travel overseas frequently. 假如你被录取,你必须准备经常出国旅行。

820.No problem,I love it.Thank you for granting me the interview.
    没问题,我喜欢出差旅行。谢谢您给我这次面试机会。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=  Applicant 申请人)

A:Good afternoon,Sir.

I:Good afternoon.Sit down,please.

A:Thank you.

I:You are Mr. Dongfang Cheng?  I am Henry Hudson.

A:Yes.Nice to meet you,Mr. Hudson.

I:To start with,  tell me about your education,please.

A:All right.I graduated from Shanghai College of Foreign Trade six years ago.I majored in international trade.

I:Very well.Did you work in a similar position before?

A:  Yes.I have been with ABC Insurance Company for four years.

I:Could you tell me the usual procedures to handle such case?

A:Yes,on the shipper's side,when the cargos arrived,all relevant documents will be forwarded to the consignee.Among other things,this party had to check carefully content of the packing list and the weight list.When cargos is found to be damaged or shortlanded,this party has to call for a joint sur-vey by representatives of the shipping company and the insurance agent.Based on the survey report,they will lodge a claim for compensation.

I:Very good.Now if you act as our representative what would you do to safeguard our interest?

A:I think,first of all,  I will ask the consignee to produce survey report on loading,if they can't produce that I suggest them to refer the case to their shipper.Meanwhile,bad weather could be a good excuse to refuse the responsibility.

I:Are you able to operate the telex?

A:Yes,I used to dispatch telex to shipper and their consignee to inform them change of our schedule and other information.

I:Have you travelled a lot in your work?

A:Yes.I have travelled dozens of times abroad.I have been to countries as Thailand,  Singapore,
    Japan,Indonesia,Burma,the Netherlands,Denmark,Italy,Germany and England.

I:Now tell me if you have a good command of both written and spoken English.

A:When I was at college,I passed Band six of College English Test.All the foreign business men I
    have dealt with say my English is quite good.

I:May I ask why you want to change jobs?

A:Because I wish to get a more challenging opportunity at your company.

I:Why are you interested in this company?

A:A friend of mine works here,and he told me about your company, so I became interested.I think working in this company would provide me with a good opportunity to use my knowledge.

I:What do you know about this company?

A:This company is one of the biggest shipping companies in the world.There are a lot of branches in
    all parts of the world,with the head office in the USA,Shanghai Office was established four years ago.

I:Good.By the way,would you describe yourself as extroverted or more introverted?

A:I think I am quite outgoing.I like cooperation with others,and getting the job done by working together.

I:Do you have any hobby?

A:Yes,I like sports and music.

I:So far,so good.I think you'd like to know about the remuneration.The starting salary for the head
    of Claim Department in this company is RMB 5,000 yuan per month,  and raises are given after
    six months according to your ability.We provide fringe benefits such as annual bonus,  three-
    week paid vacation a year,and health insurance.Are these satisfactory?

A:Yes,these are quite satisfactory.

I:Do you have any questions about the job?

A:I was told that some of your Chinese employees are sent to the United States to attend the training program provided by the head office.I'd like to know how you choose employees to at-tend the program.

I:Almost all Chinese employees are eligible to attend the training course,but as the number of trainees at one time is limited,we select them on their merits.

A:One more question,are there any chances for Chinese employees to be transferred to the head office or other branch offices around the world?

I:Certainly.There would be good chances for you to work over-seas,I think,if you are really a capable man.How about the job?Are you really interested?

A:Sure.I'll do my utmost if I am employed by this company.

I:It has been pleasant talking with you,Mr. Cheng.We'll notify you of our final decision within one week.

A:Thank you,  Mr. Hudson,  for your interview with me.I hope to see you again.

Notes  注释

1.You are Mr. Dongfang Cheng?
    你是程东方先生吗? 这句是陈述句语序的疑问句,读时句末语调上升。

2.I have been to countries as Thailand,Singapore, Japan,Indonesia, Burma, the Netherlands, Denmark,  Italy,  Germany and England. 我去过国家有泰国、新加坡、日本、印度尼西亚、缅甸、荷兰、丹麦、意大利、德国和英国。
    3.This company is one of the biggest shipping companies in the world There are a lot of branches in all parts of the world,with the head office in the USA. 贵公司是世界上最大的船务公司之一,总部在美国,分支机构遍布世界各地。

4.So far,so good. 到目前为止,一切都很顺利。

5.We provide fringe benefits such as annual bonus,three-week paid vacation a year,and health insurance.
    我们还提供附加福利,如年度奖金、每年三周的带薪假日,以及健康保险。

6.Almost all Chinese employees are eligible to attend the training course,but as the number of trainees at one time is limited,we select them on their merits. 几乎所有中国雇员都有资格参加培训课程,但由于一次参加培训的人数有限,我们只好依照 他们的业绩来挑选。

7.One more question,… 还有一个问题……

Words and Expressions

major in 主修……
    procedure n.程序,过程
    shipper n.寄货人,发货人
    consignee n.收货人,受托人
    the packing list  装箱单
    the weight list 重量单
    cargo n.货物
    insurance agent 保险代理人
    survey  v.n.检查,调查
    survey report 验货报告书
    telex n.电传挂号
    produce v.拿出,出示
    the head office 总部,总公司
    eligible a.合格的,合适的
    on their merits 根据他们的业绩
    transfer n.v.转移,调动

Lesson 45 About the Job of a Senior Production Planner 关于高级生产管理人员职务

821.Excuse me,  is this personnel division? 劳驾,请问这是人事部吗?

822.I came about your advertisement for a senior production planner. 我是来应聘你们广告的招聘高级生产管理人员的。

823.  Is there any still available now? 还有空缺职位吗?

824.Here is my resume. 这是我的简历。

825.What degree do you have now? 你获得了什么学位?

826.I have the degree of the Master of Applied Mathematics. 我获得了应用数学硕士学位。

827.Why are you interested in the position? 你为什么对这一职位感兴趣?
    828.Because I read your advertisement in the newspaper last week.It says that you need a senior production planner,who is fluent in English and good at mathematics.I think I'm fit for the position.
    因为我读了你们在上周报纸上的招聘广告,上面说要招一名高级生产企划人员,英语流利 并擅长数学。我认为我适合这一职位。

829.For the past six years,I've been dealing with foreigners in English so my ability to write and speak English is out of question, and what's more, I'm sure my major would be of great use for the position. 过去的六年中,我一直用英语与外国人打交道,所以我英语口语和书面语的应用能力是不 成问题的。此外,我肯定我的所学专业对这一工作一定会很有用处。

830.I'm quite happy in my present work,indeed.But it's known to all yours is a great company of high prestige.I hope I would have more responsibility and improve my position. 我目前的工作还是让我很开心的,真的。但人人都知道贵公司是声名远扬的大公司。我希 望能承担更多的责任,找到更好的工作。

831.Excuse me for interrupting,  but could you tell me what types of people you like to work with?
    请原谅我打断一下,能不能告诉我你喜欢与哪一类人一起工作?

832.To tell you the truth,I can cooperate with various people.People say I'm a good-natured person.But, of course,I especially enjoy working with people who are responsible,friendly and helpful. 说真话,我能和各种各样的人合作。人们说我是个性子很好的人,但是,当然,我特别喜 欢与有责任感、待人友好、乐于助人的人一起工作。

833.  What section would you like to work in if you enter this company? 你如果进入本公司,你希望在哪个部门工作?

834.I wish to work in the planning department. 我希望在计划部工作。

835.What type of work will you expect to do at first? 你希望起初干什么工作?

836.I want to design the corporate identity. 我想设计企业形象。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer 主试人  A=Applicant  申请人)

A:Excuse me,  is this personnel division?

I:Yeah.What can I do for you?

A:I came about your advertisement for a senior production planner.I there any still available?

I:Oh,  yes.  Won't you sit down?  What's your surname?

A:My surname is Liu.

I:What's your first name,Mr Liu?

A:It's Zhiliang.

I:I'm the director of personnel devision of the company,  Mr. Brown.

A:How do you do,Mr Brown? I:How do you do,  Mr Liu? A:  Here is my resume.
    I:Fine.You've been in the States about six years,  haven't you?

A:Yes,I came to study in Princeton University in 1989. I:Who was the advisor of your research programme? A:Professor Smith.
    I:What degree do you have now? A:Master of Applied Mathematics. I:Why are you interested in the position?
    A:Because  I  read  your  advertisement  in  the  newspaper  last  week.It  says  that  you  need  a  senior production planner,who is fluent in English and good at mathematics.  I think I'm fit for the position.For the past six years,  I've been dealing with foreigners in English,so my ability to write and speak English is out of question,  and what's more,  I'm sure my major would be of great use for the position.

I:I see.Are you satisfied with your present work in Tulane University?

A:I'm quite happy in my present work,  indeed.  But it's known to all yours is a great company of high prestige.I hope I would have more responsibility and improve my position…

I:Excuse me for interrupting,but could you tell me what types of people you like to work with?

A:To tell you the truth,I can cooperate with various people.People say I'm a good-natured person.But of course.  I especially enjoy working with people who are responsible,friendly and helpful.

I:That's good.Do you have any particular conditions that you would like our company to take into consideration?

A:  No,  nothing in particular.

I:All right.If we decided to hire you,we'd pay you two thousand and five hundred yuan a month at the start.You can have Saturdays and Sundays off.Becides,you may have a paid month holiday every year.How do you think about it?

A:As regards salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of capacity.

I:Well,we'll give you our decision in a couple of days.It's a pleasure to talk to you,Mr. Liu.

A:Thank you,  Mr Brown.I really appreciate your assistance.

Notes  注释
    1.I'm the director of personnel division of the company,  Mr. Brown. 我是本公司人事部主任布朗。

2.Who was the advisor of your research programme? 你的研究项目的导师是谁?

3.Are you satisfied with your present work in Tulane Universi-ty? 你对目前你在杜兰大学的工作满意吗?

4.…a great company of high prestige. 一家极具声誉的大公司。

5.No,nothing in particular. 不,没有什么特别的事情。

6.You can have Saturdays and Sundays off. 你星期六、星期天不上班。

7.As regards salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of capacity. 至于薪水,还是留给你对我的能力了解之后再做决定。

Words and Expressions

yeah ad.英语口语,相当于  
    yes surname n.姓
    the States 即  the United States,美国
    advisor n.导师
    out of question 不成问题,毫无疑问
    fluent a.流利的
    what's more 另外,而且
    of great use 具有很大用途
    a good-natured person 一个性格很好的人
    nature n.此处指性格
    take into consideration 把……考虑进去
    capacity n.能力

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:16:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客24
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 46 About the Job of a Nurse  关于护士职务

837.I'm here for an interview as requested. 我是应约前来面试的。

838.Have you brought your credentials? 你带来有关证件了吗?

839.This is my certificate of nurse qualifications. 这是我的护士资格证书。

840.Now tell me something abut your professional education. 现在请你谈谈你所接受的专业教育的情况。

841.All right.That nurse school offered such professional course as nursing science,nursing psychology,  nursing ethics,internal medicine and its nursing,surgery and its nursing,pediatrics and it nursing, traditional Chinese medicine,acupuncture and moxibustion,etc. 好吧,那所护士学校开设了以下专业课程:护理学、护理心理学、护理伦理学、内科及其 护理、外科及其护理、儿科及其护理、中医、针灸等等。

842.We also studied some basic courses,such as maths,physics,chemistry,etc. 我们还学了其他的基础课程,如数学、物理、化学等。

843.Did you learn English at the nurse school? 你在护士学校学过英语吗?

844.Oh,  yes. 是的,学过。

845.And I went on studying English at Chuntian Evening School of Foreign Languages for two years after my graduation from the nurse school. 我从护士学校毕业后,又继续在春田外语学校学了两年外语。

846.  What section do you work in the hospital? 你在医院哪个科室工作。

847.I work in Internal Medicine Division. 我在内科工作。

848.What are you responsible for? 你负责什么工作?

849.I am responsible for clinical nursing of patients in Internal Medicine Division.My responsiblities include taking histories,keeping charts,giving injections,administering medication,testing temperature and blood-pressure,preparing patients for treatments,changing sheets and quilts,etc. 我在内科负责病人的临床护理。工作职责包括记载病历、保管给病人拍的片子、打针、给 病人服药、测量体温与血压,为病人做好治疗前准备、换被褥等等。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=Applicant  申请人)

A:Is this the office of Overseas Labor Department? I:Yes.Come in please.What can I do for you? A:I'm here for an interview as requested.
    I:You are Miss Yang? A:That's right. I:Please take a seat.
    A:Thank yon,  madam.

I:Have you brought your credentials?

A: Yes, here they are.This is my ID card. This is my diploma.And this is my certificate of nurse qualifications.

I:Let me have a look.Your ID card indicates you were born in 1976.

A:Yes.I'm twenty-three years old. I:But you look younger than your age. A:Thanks.
    I:Your birthplace is Xingning County of Guangdong.  Can you speak Hakka,then?

A:Of course.I was brought up there.

I:Good.Some Singaporean employers can speak Hakka,  too,because they are descendants of the
    Hakka.  When did you leave your home town?

A:At the age of fifteen when I was graduated from junior middle school and admitted into Nurse
    School of Zhongshan Medical University.

I:Now tell me something about your professional education.

A:All  right.That  nurse  school  offered  such  professional  courses  as  nursing  science,  nursing psychology,  nursing  ethics,internal  medicine  and  its  nursing,  surgery  and  its  nursing, pediatrics and its nursing, traditional Chinese medicine,acupuncture and moxibustion,etc. We also studied some basic courses,  such as maths,physics,chemistry,  etc.

I:Did you learn English at the nurse school?

A:Yes.I went on to study English at Chuntian Evening School of Foreign Languages for two years after my graduation from the nurse school.

I: Your resume says you worked at Zhujiang Hospital for one year.What were you responsible for?

A:I was responsible for clinical nursing of patients in Internal Medicine Division.My responsibilities included taking histories, keeping charts,giving injections, administering medication,testing temperature and blood-pressure,preparing patients for treatments,  changing sheets and quilts, etc.

I:Your present work unit is South Hospital.What section do you work in?

A:I work in Overseas Section.

I : Wonderful . It  is  reported  in  the  newspapers  that  your  section  has  got  the  honorable  title of“Advanced Section” conferred by the Military Commission of  the  Central Committee of  the CPC.I think everybody in your section must be great in technical skills and service attitudes.

A:Thank you for your compliment.  We are far from perfect.

I:What does your work entail there?

A:I perform rehabilitation nursing.My work involves taking actions according to doctors,helping patients restore their organic functions,training patients in speech and organism,carrying out massage and physiotherapy.I'm also responsible for patients’nutrition and diet,and satisfying their personal needs.

I:Have you received any honorable title personally?

A:Yes,I was thrice singled out as an “Advanced Worker”.

I:Your resume said you are unmarried.But I wonder if you have a fiance.

A:Oh,no.I'm still young.

I:Do you have any personal interests?

A:Yes,gardening and cooking are my two great interests.I enjoy playing the piano and telling stories as well.

I:Well, considering your qualifications, we believe you would be a suitable candidate. But as you know, we have dozens of applicants to be interviewed. We can not reach a final decision until
    we talked to all applicants being asked to come here.

A:When can I know whether I am accepted or not?

I:I think we'll send you a letter by early next week,if you are wanted.Or we may give you a call.By the way,  have you got a telephone?

A:Yes,My office phone number is 6656327.

I:What's the best time to call you,  then?

A:Between four and five in the afternoon,  I'm afraid.

I:Thank you for coming,Miss Yang.

A:The pleasure is mine.It's been nice talking with you,madam.  Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.Is this the office of Overseas Labor Department? 这里是海外劳务办公室吗?

2.But you look younger than your age. 但你看上去比你的实际年龄要年轻。

3.…and admitted into Nurse School of Zhongshan Medical U-niversity. 被录取到中山医科大学护士学校。

4.I work in Overseas Section. 我在海外科工作。

5.We are far from perfect. 我们做得还很不够。

6.What does your work entail there? 你在那里承担什么工作?

7.I perform rehabilitation nursing. My work involves taking actions according to doctors, helping patients restore their organic functions… 我做康复护理工作。包括执行医嘱,帮助病人恢复肌体功能……

8.…  and satisfying their personal needs.
    ……以及满足病人的个人要求。

Words and Expressions

credentials n.凭证
    ID card: 即  Identity Card 的缩写,身份证
    Hakka n.客家人 (古代移住闽、粤等地的中原人的后代);客家话
    Singaporean n.新加坡人,a.新加坡的
    Pediatrics n.儿科学,小儿科
    traditional Chinese medicine 中医
    acupuncture n.针灸
    moxibustion n.艾灸
    giving injections   打针
    injection n.注射
    medication n.药物,药剂
    Advanced Section 先进科室
    confer v.授予
    entail v.使承担
    perform  v.完成,执行
    rehabilitation n.恢复,复原
    restore v.恢复
    organic a.器官的,有机的
    organism n.生物体,有机体
    massage  n.v.按摩、推拿
    physiotherapy n.理疗
    thrice ad.三次
    single out 挑选出
    fiance n.未婚夫
    suitable a.合适的,适当的

Lesson 47 About the Job of a Medical Representative 关于医药代表职务

850.Can you tell me why you would like to work as a medical representative with us? 能否请你告诉我你为什么要到我们这儿来当医药代表?

851.I like this kind of work,and your company is one of the most famous pharmaceutical corporations in the world. 我喜欢这项工作。而且,贵公司是世界上最著名的医药公司之一。

852.Having worked as a paediatrician in the OPD for two years,I want to apply for this position for a change. 在门诊部当了两年儿科医生,我想换个工作。

853.Well,I enjoy working in different places and meeting new people.That  will  widen  my experience in the work. 嗯,我喜欢在不同的地方工作,与不同的人打交道,这会扩增我的工作经验。

854.What kind of antipyretic do you usually prescribe to chil-dren who have got high fever? 你们一般给发高烧的孩子开什么药?

855.Asprin,  Anti-Phen Syrup,  Snalets-FR as well as some mixture fixed by our own hospital. 阿斯匹林、安佳热、斯耐普以及我们医院自己配制的合剂。

856.What kind of antibiotics do you usually prescribe to chil-dren? 你们一般给孩子开什么抗菌素?

857.We usually use Amoxicillin Syrup and Amoxicillin Oral Sus-pension BP. They have less side
    -effect than Tabellae Ery-thromycini Ethylsuccinatis. 我们一般用再林和阿莫西林。它们的副作用比利君沙要小。

858.What could you do for our company if I hire you? 如果我们雇用你,对我们公司有什么益处?

859.Having worked in the Children's Hospital for two years.I know thoroughly the pharmacology and  dosage of various kinds of medicine.I am also familiar with the organizations of hospitals in our country.Could I get the position,it would not be very difficult for me to put forward a plan to promote selling of your medicine. 我在儿童医院工作了两年之后,对各种药品的药理、剂量有了全面的了解。我对我们国家 的医疗机构也很熟悉。如果我被雇用,提出对贵公司的药品的促销方案对我而言是不难的。

860.Do you mind going on business trip? 你是否介意出差?

861.Definitely not.I enjoy travelling. 当然不会,我很喜欢出差。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=Applicant 申请人)

I:Good morning.  Have your seat please.Was it difficult getting here?

A:Not really.I have prepared for that.

I:May I have your name,please?

A:  My name is Ming Liu.

I:Are you married?

A:No,  sir.I'm still single.

I:  Do you live with your family?

A:No,  I rent a flat with one friend.

I:  What university did you graduate from?

A:I graduated from Shanghai Medical University.

I:Well,Mr Liu,can you tell me why you would like to work as a medical representative with us?

A:I like this kind of work,and your company is one of the most famous pharmaceutical corporations in the world.Having worked as a paediatrician in the OPD for two years,I want to apply for this position for a change.

I: What kind of antipyretic do you usually prescribe to children who have got high fever?

A:Asprin,Anti-Phen Syrup,Snaplets-FR as well as some mixture fixed by our own hospital.

I:What about antibiotics?

A:We usually use Amoxycillin Syrup and Amoxicillin Oral Sus-pension BP.They have less side-effect than Tabellae Ery-thromycini Ethylsuccinatis.

I:What could you do for our company if I hire you?

A:  Having worked in the Children's Hospital for two years,I know thoroughly the pharmacology and dosage of various kinds of medicine.I am also familiar with the organizations of hospitals in our country.Could I get the position,it would not be very difficult for me to put forward a plan to promote selling of your medicine.

I:Don't you think it a pity for you to leave your present hospital?

A:It is a pity to some extent. I have learned much in this hospital.But I would like to try a different kind of life.I prefer to be on the ball.By the way,could you tell me something about insurance and things like that?

I:Every incumbent in our company enjoys life insurance,unemployment insurance and a decent pension after serving for 20years here.Our employees also enjoy free medical service.

A:I see.

I:Do you mind going on business trip?

A:Definitely not.I enjoy travelling.

I:Well,the next thing I must do is to take up your reference.

A:Take up my references?

I:Yes,it's a rule of the firm.What I mean is this:we always ask your present employer for a report
    on your work.

A:Do all firm do that?

I:Oh,yes,it's normal business practice.Now I see from your application form that Mr. He is your present leader.

A:Yes,he is.

I:Then I'll ask him to give you a reference.  I'll write to you within a day or two.

A:I shall look forward to hearing from you.Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.Have your seat,please. 请坐。

2.medical representative 医药代表

3.I have prepared for that. 我预备了充足的交通时间。

4.It's a pity to some extent. 在一定程度上说是很可惜。

5.But I would like to try a different kind of life.  I prefer to be on the ball. 但是我想尝试另外一种生活,一种忙碌的生活。

6.…  Insurance and things like that? 保险之类的福利?

7.Every incumbent in our company enjoys life insurance,  unemployment insurance and a decent pension after serving for 20years here. 我们公司的每一位职员都享受人身保险、失业保险。为本公司工作了 20 年以上的职员还享 受一份丰厚的养老金。

8.Take up my references? 对我的情况进行咨询?

9.Yes,  it's a rule of the firm. 对,这是公司的惯例。

10.What I mean is this  :… 我的意思是……

11.Oh,yes,it's a normal business practice. 噢,是的,这是正常的业务惯例。

12.Then I'll ask him to give you a reference. 那么我将请他对你的情况提供介绍。

13.Could I get the position…
    如果我能得到这一职位,……这句为倒装结构,等于  If  I  could  get  the  position…

Words and Expressions

representative n.代表,代理人
    pharmaceutical a.医药的
    corporation n.法人,股份有限公司
    paediatrician  n.儿科医生
    OPD:Out Patient Deparment 门诊部
    Antipyretic  n.退烧药,解热剂
    prescribe  v.开处方
    syrup n.糖浆
    promote v.促进,提高
    prefer v.宁愿
    insurance n.保险
    antibiotic n.抗菌素,  抗生素
    side-effect n.副作用
    pharmacology n.药理学,药物学
    dosage n.剂量,用量
    incumbent n.任职者
    pension n.年金,养老金

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:17:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客25
    发贴心情 
    Part Ⅲ  Sentences Frequently Used for Application Letters 求职信常用语句

Lesson 48  Beginnings for Application Letters 应征信的起首用语

862.In reply to your advertisement in today's(newspaper)  for an accountant,  I tender my services.
    拜读今日××报上贵公司招聘会计广告,本人特此应征。

863.  I would like to apply for the post of Assistant Accountant as advertised in today's (newspaper). 拜读今日××报,本人欲应聘助理会计一职。

864.In reply to your advertisement in China Daily of May 18 for a clerk,  I offer myself for the post.
    欣读 5 月 18 日《中国日报》上贵公司招聘职员广告,敝人愿应征此职。

865.With reference to your advertisement in today's Jiefang Daily for an accountant,  I tender my services.
    从今日《解放日报》广告栏得知贵公司招聘会计,本人特致函应聘。

866.On looking over yesterday's Xinmin Evening Paper,my attention was attracted by your advertisement for two department managers,  I should like to apply for the position. 拜读贵公司在昨天的《新民晚报》上所刊登的招聘广告,得悉贵公司招聘两部门经理,特此备函应征。

867.Please consider me an applicant for the position which you advertised in People's Daily of August8
    8 月 8 日贵公司在《人民日报》上刊登广告,招聘人才,我欲应聘,请予考虑。

868.Having noticed the enclosed advertisement in this morning's  (newspaper),I wish to apply for the position advertised. 谨随函附上贵公司在今天的××报刊登的招聘广告,本人愿申请这一职位。

869.I have learned that your company is looking for a computer operator and would like to apply for the post.Enclosed is a resume which sets out full details of my qualifications,  interests and work experience. 据悉贵公司正在招聘电脑操作员,本人欲申请该职位,谨附上详述本人学历兴趣及经验
    的履历表一份。

870.  I am writing in reply to you request through the University Appointment Service for a Trainee
    Engineer,and would like to apply for the position. 本人于大学就业辅导处得悉贵公司欲招聘见习工程师,故特此备函应征。

871.Your advertisement in this week's (magazine )for a sales representative caught my attention.My working experience matches your requirements closely. 本人对贵公司于本期××周刊内刊登之招聘广告甚感兴趣,自信能符合所述条件,故特备函应征。

872.I wish to apply for the post of clerk in your company which is advertised in today's (newspaper) 欣读今日××报,得悉贵公司招聘职员,本人特此应征此职。

873.Your advertisement for a telephone operator in the(news-paper) of March 8 has interested me.I
    feel I can fill that position.
    贵公司 3 月 8 日在××报上刊登广告,招聘一名接线员,本人阅后极感兴趣。我相信能 胜任此职。

874.Having heard that the situation of a cashier in your office is vacant, I wish to offer my service for it.
    据闻贵公司出纳员一职空缺,特备函应征。

875.I have heard that perhaps you might need an accountant with considerable experience working with companies such as yours.据悉贵公司有意招聘一名有丰富相关经验的会计。

876.I would like to ask you to consider my qualification for the position in sales that you advertised
    in last week's newspaper. 贵公司上周在××报刊登广告,招聘推销员一职,我拟应聘,敬请给予考虑。

877.I believe my experience and qualifications suit the position you advertised in last month's(newspaper)and hope that you will.consider my application. 本人学历与工作经验与贵公司上月于××报上刊登之职位空缺相符,故特备函应征。

878.Having noticed the enclosed advertisement in this morning's  (newspaper),I wish to apply for
    the position referred to.I feel that my business experience has been sufficiently broad to adapt me to any work requiring managerial ability.
    看到今天早上××报刊登的招聘广告(随信附寄),我极愿申请这一职位。我觉得个人工 作经验丰富,足以胜任经理的工作。

879.Your advertisement for a Senior Production Planner in the March 13 Beijing Youth Daily interested me because your requirements closely parallel my working experience.
    3 月 13 日《北京青年报》上刊登贵公司招聘高级生产设计员一职的广告,本人极感兴趣, 因所列条件为本人工作经验相符合。

Notes  注释

1.应征函起首语主要表述申请人写信的原因,作为一封求职信的开场白,是必不可少的,包括
    两点内容:一、表明从何处得知招聘信息;二、明确向招聘方表明对申请职位极感兴趣, 或满足所列条件,或表明自己能胜任此职。
    2.in reply to…为了答复……
    3.tender v.提出,提供 tender one’ s services  提出愿为……效劳
    4.with reference to…关于……,根据……reference/>T-GT+QK/ n.查询,参考
    5.enclose 把……封入 the enclosed  函内附件
    6.caught my attention 引起我的兴趣
    7.with considerable experience 具有相当的经验
    8.parallel v.与……相应

Lesson 49 Beginnings for Unsolicited Letters 自荐信的开端

880.I am writing to inquire whether you will have any openings for a secretary in the near future. 本人欲探询贵公司在短期内会不会有秘书职位空缺。

881.This is a letter of inquiry.I am conscious to know whether there are any openings in your company at the time.
    此信乃探询贵公司现时是否有任何空缺。

882.Shall you need an experienced desk clerk for your hotel next summer? 不知贵旅馆明年夏季是否需要一名有经验的前台服务员。

883.Perhaps there is a position in your organization for an young,experienced,  and conscientious secretary-stenographer.
    请问贵公司是否需要一名年轻、有经验、负责的秘书兼速记员。

884.  Like many other young man,I am looking for a job.I want to get started,at the bottom, perhaps,but started. 本人和很多年轻人一样正在寻找工作,本人想要有个开头,从基层做起。

885.I am writing to inquire whether you will have any vacancies for a senior clerk in the near future.I have  heard  that  you  hire  senior  clerk  from  time  to  time  and  I  hope  you  will  consider  my application. 本人写信的目的是为了探询贵公司在近期是否有高级职员的空缺。听说贵公司时常招聘 高级职员。希望贵公司能考虑我的申请。

886.I take the liberty to write you in the hope that you might need someone to fill in for you. 向阁下写信,希望填补贵公司可能的空缺,至感冒昧。

887.I take the liberty of writing you to apply for a position in your corporation.
    不揣冒昧,特致函向阁下毛遂自荐,敬请原谅。

888.Because I am very desirous of receiving actual experience in accounting during July and August,
    I am writing to inquire whether you will need the services of a young man with three years of educational training and some part-time experience.  Perhaps I could fill in for one of your office staff during the vacation period. 因为我很想在七八月间获得会计实际工作经验,特函问询贵处是否需雇用受过三年训练 略有业余经验的年轻人?在假期我或可添补贵公司的空缺。

889.Someday in the future you may have need for a new interpreter. I should like to offer myself for the job.
    将来说不定您会需要一位新的译员。我特此毛遂自荐。

890.Having heard that the situation of a marketing specialist in your office is vacant,I wish to offer my services for it.
    据闻贵公司市场顾问一职有空缺,特此备函应征。

891.As it is nearing the Christmas season,it occurs to me that you may need additional assistance in selling gifts in your shop.I have a whole week before Christmas,from 18—24, when I might assist you.I could also work evenings from six o’clock on,  before December 18. 圣诞将至,我想贵公司可能需要帮助出售礼物的临时店员。我在圣诞前一周(10 月 18 日
    至 24 日)有空,可以帮忙。18 日以前每晚 6 时以后也可以。

892.I am seeking a position in research and analysis of statistical and quantitative data.In order to get  started  in this career,I'm  willing to accept any position where I can demonstrate my competence and move upward according to my abilities. 我正欲找寻统计和数字资料分析研究人员的职位。为了开始这一职业,我愿接受任何能 发挥个人水平且能根据能力而提拔的工作。

893.  Professor Zhou suggested that I should write to you in regard to my interests in architectural drafting.He thought your company might be in need of someone in my field. 周教授建议我根据我个人的志向给贵公司致函申请制图员工作,周教授认为贵公司可能 需要我这一专业的职员。

Notes  注释

1.openings n.(职位的)空缺,机会
    2.at the time  目前
    3.in the near future  在不远的将来
    4.fill in  参加进来
    5.take the liberty to do(或  of doing) sth 冒昧做某事,如:I took the liberty of using your typewriter while you were away.你不在时,我擅自用过你的打字机。
    6.the Christmas season 圣诞购物季节 Christmas n.圣诞节
    7.…it occurs to me…我想起……occurs to sb.某人突然想起
    8.from six o’clock on 从六点钟起 on adv.从……时候起

Lesson 50 Introducing Oneself:Age and Experience 自我介绍:年龄与经验

894. Since my graduation from school two years ago, I have been employed in ABC company as a junior secretary.
    毕业至今两年来,本人一直在 ABC 公司任初级秘书。

895.I have been in an exporting company for five years. 我已在一家出口公司干了 5 年。

896.I am just leaving school,and eighteen years of age. 本人 18 岁,不久即可毕业。

897.I graduated from Shanghai College of Foreign Trade in 1995.I majored in International
    Trade. 我毕业于上海外贸学院,主修国际贸易。

898.  I am 28 years old,  and have 7 years’ experience with a supermarket as a salesman. 本人 28 岁,有 7 年超级市场售货员经历。

899.  I have had five years’ experience in the office of the Green Limited Company,  where I have been and still am a book-keeper. 我有在格林有限公司五年办公工作经历,一直至今任簿记员。

900.I  am  26  years  of  age,since  my  graduation  from  the  school  three  years  ago,  I  have  been employed in the Weihai Guest House as a waitress.
    本人年龄 26 岁,三年前毕业至今,本人一直在威海宾馆任服务员之职。

901.I have been employed for the past four years by the Lanling Company as a secretary.I'm 26. 在过去的四年中,我一直受雇于兰陵公司任秘书。今年 26 岁。

902.I'm just leaving college,and twenty three years of age. At school,I won a scholarship and first prize in type writing,at the rate of 62 words per minute.
    本人即将毕业,现年 23 岁。在校时获奖学金,并以每分钟 62 字之速度获打字比赛一等奖。

903.I am at present an apprentice in Linda Limited Company,in the general clerical work of the office.
    本人目前于琳达有限公司实习,承办一般性事务工作。

904.I  have  been  in  the  business  for  the  last  ten  years,and  worked  as  the  superintendent  in  the personnel department.
    本人过去 10 年在商界担任人事部主任至今。

905.As you can see from my enclosed resume,  I have extensive experience in accounting.
    正如本人所附之履历所示,我有相当丰富的会计经验。

906.I am 26 years of age, and have had two years’ experience in my present job, which I am leaving
    to better myself.
    本人今年 26 岁,已在目前职位任职两年,兹为了更好的职位,准备离开此职。

907.I am nineteen years of age,  female and have had two years experience in a company's delivery office.
    我今年 19 岁,女性,曾在一家公司做收发工作两年。

908.I am able to take dictation in English,and have been engaged as a correspondence secretary for 3
    years. 本人能用英文速记,三年以来一直担任书信秘书之职。

909.I  have  received  a  good  education,and  have  recently  completed  the  business  courses  at Guangzhou College of Commerce. 本人接受过良好教育,新近已修完广州商学院之商业课程。

910.I have spent the past seven years as assistant manager of ABC company where I have handled a variety of challenging tasks.
    过去 7 年,本人一直是 ABC 公司副经理,并曾处理了不少富有挑战性之工作。

Notes  注释

1.majored in 主修……专业
    2.scholarship n.奖学金
    3.at the rate of... 以……的速度 rate n.速度
    4.to better myself 为了更好的职位 better v.改善,提高
    5.delivery office 收发室

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:17:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/4/29 6:47:36

本主题贴数25,分页: [1] [2] [3]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    281.250ms